Wednesday, May 12, 2010

ZERO, ZIP, NADA

Yup.... a truly rotten weekend... sorry I have taken so long in writing about our escapades at the Leaps and Bounds Agiltiy trial this past weekend, cuz i was worn out... kept falling sleep all day on Monday.....We left Merritt around 1 PM on Friday, had a good trip down to Cloverdale... Denise brought her GPS..I have never had anything to do with one... so she programed in the address and away we went..we took 176 St... which turns out that I know it well... I never pay any attention to the street numbers when i am down there, I just know where to go..but it is a wonder that the GPS knows where to go... anyway..we had to stop at Sears as Denise need new runners and I forgot my sweater... and was lucky to find a very warm hoodie with a zipper..which i wore most of the weekend... anyway... we got there in plenty of time, I volunteered to change jumps for the evening, so i didn't have to do any during the weekend... I don't mind volunteering as i get to watch every dog, and every handler so i learn lots of tricks..We headed off to mom's for the night... had a nice warm shower and then off to bed... but of course we never sleep well the first night... and I had forgotten Levi's bed in the truck and he won't settle down..but i wasn't going out in my nightie for it... We stopped for breakie at Timmie's, Levi sits in the drivers seat while we eat... when we got back into the truck, Denise tried to put Levi into the back, and Pip (her dog who weighs all of 7 lbs) growled and Levi won't go into the back..turns out Pip got into the cooler bag, and he ate over half of his treats, got into Denises salad, so he won't let Levi into the back... didn't want to share i guess..we laughed as we figures Levi was playing Lookout for him...Gail and Karen came to support their Spinny friend (me).. and of course Levi just wasn't with the program... too busy looking around, and checking out the ring crew.. so we never did get a clean run.. and way over time in every run...very frustrating... but i wasn't the only one with a dog not paying attention... we slept better Saturday nite, and didn't get finished until about 5:30 as Denise and Pip are running  the Masters courses and they didn't get finished too early... there were at least 75 Master dogs compared to 40 Advanced dogs and 30  starter dogs..I have to keep telling myself that is is suppose to be fun... took Levi to classes on Tuesday,(we have moved up to Maureen's home place for the summer so our classes will be during the week now.)... and of course Levi ran okay, not great but okay...did everything I asked of him, still not too fast but better than the trial..
Came home to some nice gifts from Joe's new girlfriend and her kids... a shade tent, a bouquet of flowers and a gift certificate to Garden Sushi... we told her she didn't have to do it, but Joe says she likes to do things like that...Matt gives me my BCAA membership for Mother's day and my birthday, and Joe gave me a card and a coffee mug..(a new dishwasher is coming)...and Mom gave me $$ for part of the shade tent...
Joe brought home 2 laying hens this morning, they stopped at the boat launch on Nicola Lake, and Joe found 2 young laying hens... they were friendly and he didn't have any problem catching them... so we have two new girls in the bunch..   this is Denise and Pip.. good picture of her, but not great one of Pip... also now known as TC ( trash can)

No comments: