Friday, July 22, 2011

what a mild winter

What a mild winter we are having... it was only +5 this morning..almost the end of July and it is still so cold, I haven't put my winter coat away yet... the dogs and I go up to Iron Mountain for our summer agility classes, it is about 1000 feet higher than Merritt... and they are still having frost up there.., and we are still wearing our winter coats up there... one girl put on two pair of pants the other night... hoodies and jackets.. and all the hoods were up the other night... the dogs love the cool weather for running... it is suppose to warm up this weekend... guess we will have to see....
Wynn is doing well in her beginners classes..we do have a few disagreements, but i always win... and Levi is doing good too, seems to be running faster... and his weaves are very good and very fast...
Garden is growing slowly, although the weeds don't care if it is cold... I even had two new blossoms on my apple tree that has apples on it..weird weather...
I haven't been doing much in the way of knitting or spinning... better get my project done... before i run out of time... I bought a Kobo ereader with my birthday $$... very nice... i also bought myself the "game of thrones" book set... 4 books and am reading them on the new reader... I watched the HBO series on the books... and quite enjoyed it, and am enjoying reading the book...
That crazy parrot is driving me nuts as usual, we put him outside during the day, and I forgot to bring him in one night... and it was dark outside, and i hear a little "hello" from outside, so i head out to get him in, and i turn the porch light and hear a great big Hello...the wind was blowing the other day and i looked out to see if he was okay.... he had stretched himself up to almost double his height..and was looking in the window at me..Joe  came in this morning, and Yankee told him "Morning"... what a character he is...
Well as you can see nothing exciting is happening around here..better go feed the hummingbirds... poor babies are cold....   I had to bring Matt's little dog in the other day as i heard a hawk or eagle screech and i didn't want him to get her... she only weighs 8 lbs, and i have seen the eagles pick up huge salmon from the river, Matt would have a fit if i lost his dog to an eagle or coyote... although she thinks she is a tough as the big dogs...will try to write soon....S
I am listening to Old songs on the TV... and Ernie Ford is singing " Davy Crockett" boy did that bring back memories... I love the songs that i can sing along to...when there is no one home... I can't carry a tune in a bucket.... Davy Crockett,Davy Crockett, King of the wild frontier.....giggle

3 comments:

Louisa said...

EARWORM!!! Now I'll be singing that for days. At least it's better than the Lollipop song that got stuck in my head thanks to the radio the other day. LOL!! You are *so* from the same era as me, aren't you?

Sharon in Surrey said...

OMG - haven't heard Tennessee Ernie Ford in years . . . shhhhhhhhh

Anita J said...

Love your parrot stories, S.