Thursday, March 27, 2008

junk room

have you ever had a room that is full of junk..much like Fibber McGee and Molly's closet... does that age ya?...it was a very old expression my Mom still uses...open the door and throw..and slam the door shut... I finished the business year end and delivered it to the accountant on Monday, and decided that the ROOM needed cleaning... I have been working for 2 days now, I can see the floor, but i haven't even gotten into the closet, or the two dressers and one bookcase..i have 3 boxes and 3 bags of garbage, and 3 boxes to go to the food bank..much of it is good stuff, but stuff that my Mom gave me, as she didn't want it anymore..eg telephone, and two separate answering machines...i have 4 boxes of canning jars..a huge bag (5 lbs) of Mohair and wool blend...paints from my tole painting days, which i might try again now that i can find it all..even found the wedding album, boy we were sure cute 40 years ago. ... we are going to put shelves up in there, as i don't have room for the Roaster and cake pans that won't fit into the kitchen... Food Bank" will have a ton of stuff to give away when i am done.. Why did i save the boxes that Marie Caron sent me my finished fibre back in..i guess i thought i would get them back to her...why did i save 10 wicker baskets, 4 old frying pans that i will never use again...I guess i just hate throwing things away... I thought that i was good at throwing away stuff that i didn't use for 2 years...guess not..just remembered why i saved the old frying pans, i was going to use them for feed troughs for my baby chicks...maybe i will go rescue them from the garbage and put them in the chick house.. or maybe not...I would love to have that room clean enough that i could move all my fibre into there... put shelves in the closet, or just maybe just the Tupper wear containers.. i have at least 10 of them, and i know 6 of them have wool in them, and the others have my good stuff ??? what that is i don't know...just good stuff... shoes, purses, really good stuff that i haven't even looked at for at least 5 years... look out house here i come...hide or get thrown out....if you haven't heard from me again soon, send out the rescue team, i might get lost in the mess..

2 comments:

Sharon in Surrey said...

STOP!! This is beginning to sound serious - you're sending 5lbs of Mohair/wool to the Food Bank??? Just what kind of creatures are you feeding in Merritt anyway??? But I know what you mean about a cluttered room - I have an office that's full of paper waste, boxes & old computer crap. Someday . . . . .

Sunflower Farm and Petit Creek Lavender said...

Don't you love it when the cleaning mode finally hits Yeah for you!!!!!! Hope all is well up there miss our visits probably won't be to any meetings untillafter my Europe trip. At the moment I have 72 goats on this farm.