Friday, January 25, 2008

what next

I think Karen and I should have a competition on who has the rottenest January... never did get the Jimmy running... had to have it towed into town... good thing i have BCAA... turned out it was the fuel pump... good thing it didn't die on me going or coming home from Kamloops on Tuesday
..and then the kids who are working for us, have gone on to better jobs, so we don't have anyone after the end of January.. and Larry won't be able to do anything for at least 2 months... and there are all the bills to pay...yuck... oh well, things can't be much worse..I bought 10 bucks of 649 tickets today... maybe, just maybe...
the Jimmy was towed into a friends shop, and after he fixed it, he very kindly washed for me... and guess what?? all the doors froze..except the driver's door, so his Lordship had to crawl over the driver's seat....the heat from the truck finally thawed them out... It was -19.5 this morning, that is -3.5 F...guess i am getting old, we used to take the kids out sledding at -25 F.. feed cows at -50F, calved cows out at -35F, guess we are getting spoilt..and old...
i have had enough of winter... i need spring and summer... the only thing that would make this the worse January in history would be if i started lambing...oh my god...I don't have enough pens to keep the ram away from the girls..oh well... the way my life is going this month, i won't be surprised..-10.7 right now...
I think i will call my agility instructor and cancel out on my classes tomorrow... Dixie would be fine, as she lives outside, but it would be tough on Jesse, as she only goes outside to do her business... and she has no winter coat...and it is just too cold for this old girl...
My modem died this morning, i knew it was thinking about dying as i had to unplug it and then plug it back in several times in the last couple of weeks, but this morning it died altogether, so i called Telus at 7 am...and after a few minutes of discussion, we made arrangements for the tech to come out on Monday, L and i went into town, and as we walked in the door, the Tech called and wanted to come out right then... who was i to say no... so he showed up, changed the dead one for a live one and we were away... i just had to call Bev, who waited all the month of December for one... guess i have pull... ya right..
take care... hugs

1 comment:

Louisa said...

Can I get in on your contest? I've been sick since Christmas Eve. The holidays were a blur of fever, kleenex and coughing and I'm still not well. I don't even remember what
"well" feels like anymore. We should throw a Pity Party for us all!