Monday, September 21, 2009

One less chore

One less chore to do now… we butchered the turkeys this morning… they were so easy to raise, and really didn’t eat much, they were too big though, and only 3 months old.. should have done them 2 weeks ago, but it has been years since we have had turkeys, i forgot how fast they grew… hens weighted 18 lbs, and the toms  weighted 26 and 24 lbs.. sure glad Larry doesn’t mind helping me, I can remember years ago,(BK)(before kids)..i would do them myself, one year we had 35 turkeys..and i did them all by myself..nothing nicer than homegrown turkeys, we fed them extra cracked corn… should taste good… we are going to deep fry one for Thanksgiving…

Went to a baby shower yesterday, I can’t remember the last shower i went too, it was so long ago… one of our agility friends had Invetro, and both eggs took, so they had twins, Suzie is so tiny, she had a tough pregnancy, but the girls, Caleigh, and Madilyn are just too cute… even got to hold one most of the party..Suzie and Josh made out like a bandit..tons of stuff.. and lots of stuff for 2  years olds… really cute, one forgets how tiny 6 week olds really are…

Things are getting closer for the Desert Mesa Retreat…i can hardly wait… I haven’t been away since Sept long weekend..then i think i am done going away for awhile… Levi isn't’ ready for agility trials yet… probably in the spring… i might take him to one in Kamloops just to get him used to the hustle and bustle… 

Guild is getting ready for our show in the local Art Gallery… should be interesting.. we are able to sell things, think i might sell my “Shetland shawl” knitted in the feather and fan pattern, i don’t wear it much… I also finished both shawls that i was working on… the purple one for my 60 year Vet, and the alpaca one for my friend who lives in the bush without power… and have started the one for my agility instructor who will also be 60 in Dec, so i have plenty of time, I am doing that one out of super wash blue faced Leicester, dyed a lovely raspberry colour… it is knitting up very nice…  better go  take care  hugs

1 comment:

Sharon in Surrey said...

Listen, if you don't have freezer space for some of those turkeys . . . it's been a while since I had home grown turkey!!!! I think venison & turkey are my favorites!! You keep mentioning 60 - I'll be there myself in a year & a half! It's hard to believe. Remember when we didn't trust anyone over 30???